Western Springs Debuts New Village Web Site
The village says the new website will offer a number of improved services to Western Springs residents.
The redesigned site offers a cleaner look with a stylish new logo and a sky-blue and tree-green backdrop image of a village street. Prominent links on the main page offer a community forum, a way to report problems, and signups for notifications and CodeRED.
"The new site is fresh, lively and more engaging for you. Real-time updates to the site and the calendar will now enable residents and businesses to see all Village meetings and events in one place," the village newsletter added.
The village said that some of the site's new features include:
- Better search capability.
- A way to personalize the website for a better individual experience.
- A "Notify Me" system to recieve Village updates.
- A way to download an app to track Village Citizen Requests.
- A "How Do I?" dropdown menu offering quick links to frequently asked questions.
"Please take some time and explore the new site and learn about all the ways you can stay informed and engaged with the Village of Western Springs," the web site says.
The site was developed and is hosted by Civic Plus of Manhattan, KS. Civic Plus was commissioned for a period of three years in June for about $30,000.