The flyer reads:
Leaf pickup will run continuously Monday thru Friday except for Thanksgiving week. Entire Village rotation is Field Park, Old Town North, Old Town South, Ridge Acres, Forest Hills, Fairview Estates, Springdale and Ridgewood. Commonwealth and Timber Trails are not included. If the crew has passed your area and your leaves were not out, the crew will not return until the next week.
Final Pickup will be the week of December 2-no exceptions.
Residents using a lawn service should make the necessary arrangements to have the work done the week before the scheduled pickup. Please advise your lawn service that only leaves are allowed in the gutter.
- Due to traffic and roadway configurations, residents on Wolf Road from Ogden to 47th Street and all of Ogden Avenue should rake leaves only to the edge of the parkway at the curb and not into the gutter.
- Residents on Wolf Road from 47th Street to 59th Street, all of Gilbert and the rest of the Village must rake their leaves into the gutter. Leaves not raked into the gutter will not be picked up.
- The last week for pick up of bagged leaves/yardwaste will be the week of November 25.
- The schedule may be affected by emergency responses by the Public Works. Call the Leaf Hotline at 246-1800, Ext. 305, for updates on the schedule.
- In the case of a snow event, every effort will be made to finish leaf collection once snow clearing operations have been completed.
As an alternative to raking and hauling leaves, residents should consider composting leaves or using them as mulch to cover a garden for the winter. Please note that leaves may be slippery when wet and to drive safely around large leaf piles. Also, hot automobile mufflers parked on top of leaf piles can start fires.