Mariano's will open its newest store at 14 Garden Market St. in Western Springs on March 11 at 6 a.m., according to a Friday announcement on the Mariano's Facebook page.
Roundy’s, Inc., the parent company Mariano’s, bought a the former Dominick's store in Western Springs and converted it into the new Mariano's. Mariano's is hiring employees for its new store. A hiring center is located at 3061 Wolf Rd. in Westchester.
At the end of last year, Roundy's purchased 11 Chicago-area Dominick's locations that were slated to close at the end of December, including the one in Western Springs.The 11 Dominick's locations purchased by Roundy's in the $36 million deal were:
- Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
- Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market St.
- Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
- Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
- Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
- Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
- Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
- Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
- Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.
Mariano's was a popular response among Patch readers who were asked what they'd like to see replace the Western Springs Dominick's after parent-company Safeway announced in October that it was pulling out of the Chicago market.
READ: Dominick's to Leave Western Springs