Serenity may seem like it's miles away—but it may be only steps. This week Patch picks five area spas to help you unwind after a tough day or week of work, motherhood or whatever it is that gets you stressed!
- They give you a robe: Kohler Waters Spa at Burr Ridge, 775 Village Center Drive, Burr Ridge, (630) 323-7674. Hang out as long as you like, relax in the pool or take a record-breaking shower.
- Wax philosophical (and physical): Bozena Day Spa, 6962 Wolf Road, Indian Head Park, (708) 246-5303. Bozena offers a variety of services including the eyelash extensions nature didn’t give you.
- Suburban merger: Elysium Salon & Spa, 318 W Burlington Ave, La Grange, (708) 352-2520. Studio Bliss (formerly of Western Springs) and Mia Alexandra combined forces and resources in this full-service hair salon and beauty spa.
- Shampoo with a view: Michael Graham Salon & Spa, 800 Hillgrove Avenue Suite 200, Western Springs, (708) 784-1300. This full-service, in-town salon offers a full complement of hair, nail and body treatments.
- Otherworldly: Timeless Spa and Salt Cave, 1324 E. Ogden Ave. Ste. 100, Naperville, (630) 428-0700. Heaven is made of salt. Besides the fascinating salt-filled “cave”, the spa offers a variety of “body health” services. Packages are available.