It’s looking like a great weekend in Western Springs! Saturday’s Winter Walk will give us a chance to gather together and enjoy Christmas cookies, musical performances, visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus and the lighting of the Western Springs tree. It’s such a sweet event each year and a perfect way to ring in the holiday season in the Village.
Please join us as the celebration continues on Sunday! The Presbyterian Church of Western Springs (5250 Wolf Road) is celebrating the first Sunday in Advent with many fun activities. There will be a Cookie Walk, a Craft Fair and an opportunity to purchase some Christmas gifts all while doing good for others. Here’s what’s happening this Sunday, December 2:
Worship: 9:30am (childcare provided in our nursery for infants and toddlers)
Advent Fair: 10:30am, including a Cookie Walk, a Craft Fair and a Mission Fair
- Cookie Walk: The bakers of PCWS are busy baking delicious cookies this week to share at the Cookie Walk. Come fill a box with loads of homemade cookies and treats. Yum! This is a fundraiser for our youth group’s summer mission trip and donations will be gratefully accepted.
- Craft Fair: After selecting your cookies, come make some holiday crafts. Crafts are available for all ages. Angels, snowmen, Christmas trees and gingerbread houses will be waiting for your special touch. Join with your family and complete a nativity Advent calendar that can be used for years and embellished each year for more fun.
- Mission Fair: This is our Advent Fair Alternative Giving event. It’s a chance for you to purchase gifts for your loved ones that will help give back to communities where your contributions mean the most. You will be able to purchase Fair Trade Chocolate, olive wood items from PAL Olivewood Crafts, or an animal in support of the Heifer Project. We’ll also be collecting funds to purchase Target gifts cards for the women of Maria Shelter. These gift cards allow a Mom to select a gift for her child or a new shelter resident to purchase basic items and clothing they need.
As always, everyone is welcome. Please join us for worship at 9:30 and then stay for the Advent Fair afterwards. For more information, visit our web site at www.presbyws.org or call the church office at 708-246-5220.
Looking Ahead to Next Sunday, December 9:
- Worship: 9:30am (childcare provided)
- Sunday School: 10:30am
- Adult Education and Fellowship: 10:30am
- Youth Group Christmas Toy Mission Shopping: 11:45am