Members of the Presbyterian Church of Western Springs have a strong belief in the importance of mission and service work. To help make that commitment to service a reality, PCWS has launched its 2012 Mission and Service Challenge. Over 80 people of all ages have signed up to give of their time and talents to serve others. Check out the photo gallery to see some of the members who have signed on for the Challenge.
Here's how it works:
The Mission and Service Challenge participants are put into teams and they have a combined goal of 1,000 mission and service hours. This kind of friendly competition is great when it spurs participants to help more people and get more done.
What are the mission and service opportunities?
There are tons of ways to serve the community! Here are a few that PCWS members are doing as part of the Challenge.
- Pack up meals for the hungry at Feed My Starving Children
- Help keep PCWS clean and well-maintained at a PCWS Workday
- Put together food packs at the Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Walk in the CROP Walk
- Lend a hand at a Workday at Maria Shelter
- Participate in the PCWS Blood Drive on October 14
The Challenge continues through November 18. Our teams are excited and ready to do some good in the community.
I'm not a member...can I get involved?
Absolutely! We welcome anyone interested in joining us at these mission and service events. Please contact the PCWS church office at 708-246-5220 or check out our web site at www.presbyws.org for more information.
What's going on this Sunday at PCWS:
- Worship at 9:30am (childcare provided)
- Sunday School at 10:30am
- Fellowship Time and Bible Basics discussion for adults at 11:00am
- Youth Outdoor Games Night at 5:00pm