The temperature forecast for early next week – is FRIGID to say the least. A low of -17 for Sunday night and a HIGH of -7 for Monday!!!
Those temperatures leave the most vulnerable of our neighborhoods – especially the seniors in great jeopardy. Be sure to check in periodically with your neighbors to be sure they are ok. Some things to check on:
· Have you seen your neighbor lately?
· Are newspapers stacking up outside?
· Has the drive way been cleared of snow?
Some things you can maybe help with or check on:
· Shovel their driveway
· Offer to take them to the next doctor’s appointment
· Take them grocery shopping or pick up a few things for them
· Is the heat in their home adequate
· Bring in the newspaper or mail
· Just visit with them for awhile – it may be the only conversation they have that day
None of these activities – in of themselves is very time consuming – but could go along ways towards helping your neighbor out. We at Assisted Transition of the Chicago Western Suburbs are concerned about all of the vulnerable, but especially our senior’s. See what you can do to help!!
Local Owner – Placement Director