Homecoming Week at Nazareth Academy in La Grange Park is in full swing, and below are the dress-up themes, lunch activities and special events between Tuesday and Saturday, according to a release from the school:
- Snack Day: Popcorn is served during all lunches.
- Ringling Brothers Twin Dress Alike Day
- Anthony the Balloon Man during all lunches
- Class Act Day: Freshmen wear white, sophomores green, juniors blue, seniors red.
- Bozo Buckets Competition during all lunches. (Winner will compete at Friday's Pep Rally.)
- Annual pep rally in Rooney Student Center, 8 a.m.: Fall athletic teams will be recognized; performances by the Pom & Dance team, cheerleaders, color guard and drum line will take place; the 2013 Homecoming King, Homecoming Queen and Homecoming Court will be announced.
- Ninth Annual Naz Walk: Students and faculty will walk 3.5 miles through La Grange Park, raising money for the school’s second-biggest fundraiser.
- Naz Fest: Post-walk party with R&B band Art of Cool and the Eddy Ashe Band
- Faculty vs. student softball game at John Michalek Field.
- Varsity football vs. Notre Dame, 1:30 p.m. (Band-o-Rama halftime show will feature middle school students and Nazareth alumni joining this year's marching band.)
- “Under the Big Top” Dance at the Rooney Student Center, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. (Doors close at 9 p.m.)
- Friday: Cocktail reception and class kickoff parties in Springer Hall from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Adults only. Entry is $15.
- Saturday: "Nazgate" Tailgate Party in dining hall from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. All are welcome. Entry is free.
- Sunday: Nazareth Family Mass at the Congregation of St. Joseph Chapel at 11 a.m., followed by a complimentary brunch sponsored by the Fathers Club.