Park District of La Grange
"Your fun destination" is the slogan of the Park District of La Grange, and that's what the district's executive director, Dean Bissias, wants to provide for the La Grange community. The park district aims to meet the demand for resources supporting the large number of soccer, baseball and basketball players in La Grange. "We have a great relationship with the Chicago White Sox," Mr. Bissias says. "The White Sox rent space from us and the players do camps for kids in the off season."
The park district is currently adapting to its new facility, a former warehouse the village converted in 2006 (for the previous 80 years, the district had operated out of a 1,200-square-foot house). The current facility sports high ceilings, spacious common areas with flat-screen TVs, giant windows and a gymnasium with several full basketball courts encircled by a running track. For more information, visit the Park District of La Grange Web site.
- Fax: 708.352.8591
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 9pm; Sat, 8am - 6pm; Sun, 10am - 5pm. Closed on Sundays during the summer from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramped entrance, parking, bathrooms, ground floor services
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1926
- What makes this community special?: The character—from the historical district, to the restaurants, to the schools and the parks—it's the character.
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Basketball courts, Fitness center
- Facilities: Basketball courts, Gym, Running track
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Lockers, Vending machines
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No smoking
- Services: Preschool, open gym, open track walking; Jujitsu, Karate, sailing, equipment rentals, sports camps
- Public restrooms: Yes