Hometown: Western Springs, Ill.
Birthday: March 14, 1988
- Interests: Sports, traveling, food and writing.
- TV shows: Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights, Dexter, Parks & Recreation.
- Movies: No Country for Old Men, Fight Club, Little Miss Sunshine, Jurassic Park.
- Books: Hell's Angels, Moneyball, The Devil in the White City, Invisible Monsters.
- Music: Punk, hip hop and classic rock.
I graduated from the University of Missouri in May 2010 with a bachelor's degree in journalism and minors in sociology, creative writing and multicultural issues. I graduated from Lyons Township High School in La Grange in 2006.
Patch is my first true job out of college. After graduating, I did an internship at The Chronicle of Higher Education in Washington, D.C., before looking for work in the Chicago area.
While in college, I worked at the Columbia Missourian as an assistant city editor and reported on the higher education and health beats there. I also held a number positions with the student newspaper, The Maneater, editing the campus news, politics and opinion sections. As a junior, I served as managing editor of the paper and believe that experience prepared me most for Patch.
To learn more, check out my video welcome to New Lenox Patch.